Our client is a world-class integrated petrochemical plant producing high-density and medium-density polyethylene, 1-hexene and other products, using state-of-the-art technology. They have a production designed capacity of 453,000 tonnes/year of PE and a 1-hexene unit with a designed capacity of 47,000 tonnes/year. The site also has a Sulphur recovery and solidification plant, a water treatment plant, seawater cooling system, dock facilities and administrative buildings. Their vision is to grow sustainably, in alignment with Qatar National Vision and became the leader of world class operators in the petrochemical industry by 2027.
- Provide leadership for the preparation, planning, safe execution, and closeout of turnarounds per QTAPS.
- Develop department goals and objectives in line with Human Capital Department guidelines to achieve business objectives and long-term department plans.
- Support efforts to recruit and hire competent employees and manage employee performance including external contractors on TA planning assignments.
- Lead TA Core Team and accomplish milestones and deliverables through active engagement of internal and external stakeholders, including Superintendents through regular meetings.
- Identify and select team members with specific roles to individual turnarounds; ensure all core team members understand and perform their roles and responsibilities; and promote diversity of skills among the employees.
- Lead efforts for preparation and approval of TA AFD and AFE based on established cost estimation and optimization practices in accordance with QTAPS. Coordinate for financial close out of TA
- Prepare department budget and ensure alignment with annual business plan; and monitor department budget spending against the approved budget
- Develop framing documents, QTAPS milestones, deliverables, and track to ensure timely and quality completion
- Ensure timely completion of Pre-TA inspection activities and coordinate for preparation and finalization of TA job and project lists. Lead job and scope challenge and optimization exercise.
- Ensure proper job pack preparation and review by all stake holders as per QTAPS .
- Ensure TA Main Contract and all necessary services are arranged in coordination with required stakeholders to assure scheduled execution of TA scope.
- Ensure identification, procurement, timely receipt and inspection of all spares and materials particularly long lead items.
- Coordinate with production on preparation of production job packs, development, and finalization of system timelines.
- Ensure preparation and finalization of Integrated TA Schedule with the involvement of required stakeholders.
- Coordinate with all stake holders to finalize TA Organization chart.
- Ensure development of mobilization plan of Main contractor, services, specialized manpower and other TA contractors. Coordinate for overseas campaign, recruitment & mobilization of specialized, skilled manpower & lead workers.
- Coordinate the effort for Pre-TA schedule and ensure all Pre-TA jobs, preparation activities are tracked and completed ahead of TA.
- Coordinate with various stake holders for confined space categorization, rescue plan preparation and site safety plan development and approvals.
- Ensure all plans for contracting procurement, training, mobilization, execution, closeout, and reporting are in place for each planned TA.
- Ensure planners assigned for shutdowns arrange required spares, materials, and services necessary.
- Ensure conduct of lessons learned review, CPChem assessments, risk assessments, audits, workshops, and scope/cost optimization, coordination meetings and stage gate reviews.
- Coordinate for contractors’ demobilization, invoices verification/SES issuance, post TA activities completions, materials return/reconciliation and publishing of TA close out report.
- Lead preparation and execution of development plans for Qatari developee’s assigned. Monitor progress of developee’s and ensure smooth progress as per plan. Mentor and coach as necessary policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Maintain and improve QTAPS, turnaround guidelines and associated documentation.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of departmental systems and processes incorporating best practices to improve productivity and operational efficiency.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure conduct of TA risk assessment, Department ERM and Compliance Risk Assessments.
- Participate to support micro audits / safety walk downs conducted by different entities and individuals; participate in all internal / external audits; follow up the completion of audit internal / external action items.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high-quality products/services.
- Develop and report turnaround metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure preparation of necessary reports in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet the departmental and stakeholder requirements, policies, and standards.
- Education Required (Qualification1 / Discipline): bachelor’s degree / Any Engineering Discipline
- Experience Required (Years2 / Job Level3 / Industry): 10+ years of experience in managing Planning, Maintenance and Operations with experience in Turnaround Planning in Petrochemical / Oil & Gas Industry.