About our client
Our Client operates in the Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 90 countries, providing employment to more than 10,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 300 Companies as Canada’s Best Employers for 2021. Their core business is manufacturing Civil and Military Rotary-Wing Craft for their clients.
- Fostering and care-keeping knowledge related to automation and autonomy using AI.
- Actively supporting the development of technology enabling AI based automation for cockpit and flight operations, as a key enabler for Single Pilot Operations (SPO), in collaboration with main industry partners
- Active participation in EU-funded projects by executing tasks, writing deliverables, attending project meetings and live flight demonstrations.
- Work on design, prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures, in collaboration with an advanced engineering team.
- Establishing needs from our Engineering branch, defining a strategic research agenda and proactively researching and deepening knowledge.
- Assisting on the writing of future project proposals on the topic of AI, automation and autonomy based on Engineering needs and the defined strategic research agenda.
- Facilitating flow of knowledge from EU projects to the Engineering branch.
- Technology and partner scouting and linking to external institutes / research facilities.
- Identifying and assisting in establishing strategic partnerships with regards to supply chain and technology implementation.
- Disseminating knowledge through publications.
- Safeguarding knowledge by identifying relevant IP and initiating patent applications.
- MSc/PhD degree in aerospace/electrical/mechanical/control engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its path towards implementation in aviation.
- Ideally, knowledge and/or experience with automation and autonomy technologies supporting Single Pilot Operations (SPO)
- Ideally, knowledge and/or experience of the SESAR 3 JU framework and main flagships.
- Software development and programming experience.
- Proactive, self-initiative and team-oriented candidate.
- Strong ability to think out of the box.
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with the ability to influence and, enabling effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.