Our Client operates in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in the United States. It has its branches spread to more than 70 countries, providing employment to more than 1,60,000 people all over the world. They fall in the Top 10 Largest Agricultural Companies in the World 2020. Their core business is to connect producers and users with agricultural needs, around the world, and also offer risk management solutions and other services for farmers.
- The EHS Specialist will provide expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations.
- In this role, you will help develop, implement and maintain processes and programs that comply with federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
- You will lead in a low complexity facility or support a higher complexity facility and monitor and handle up to three highly hazardous processes, low to high serious injuries and fatalities, potential serious environmental events or sites with low to high maturity.
- Implement and handle processes and systems for environmental health and safety hazard identification and risk management.
- Create effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Implement and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned.
- Prepare for audits, governmental inspections and customer visits and identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Support appropriate training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs and adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs.
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety.
- Minimum of 8+ years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply.
- Chemical engineering graduate (mechanical/electrical/chemical) with 5+years’ experience in process chemical industry. With Diploma in EHS.
- Any safety diploma degree in EHS like RLI or CLI, NEBOSH.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups in a large organization.
- Experience in organizing safety management system for specialists of contracting organizations.
- Good communication skills is most preferred at all the level.
- Good analytical skills