Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- The Environmental Engineer's primary role is to establish and maintain Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO-14001, ensure and improve compliance to applicable environmental regulations and standards, implement corporate environmental programs and procedures and enhance facilities environmental performance and business plan development.
- They will also be responsible for the overall implementation and governance of Green House Gas management (GHG) program.
- Conduct regular environmental performance monitoring and reporting analysis.
- Ensure facility operating and business plans objectives are consistent and in-line with company environmental protection policies and standards. Identify deviations and develop solutions to mitigate environmental risk and improve environmental compliance.
- Develop, review and implement GHG management program including GHG data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct internal GHG assurance audit and provide support in preparation of facilities GHG 3rd party audits.
- Monitor the solids and chemical disposals to guarantee safe environmental protection in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Monitor air quality, wastewater and water conservation performance.
- Establish environmental KPIs targets in alignment with company environmental policies and strategies.
- Develop, review and deployment of facilities environmental management system in alignment with ISO 14001.
- Develop and maintain Environmental procedures and guidelines. Conduct environmental audit/assessment.
- Conduct environmental performance benchmarking studies among the oil and gas refineries.
- Organise technical exchange workshops among the oil and gas refineries. Develop and deliver training material to promote environmental awareness among refinery personnel.
- You will hold a bachelor’s degree in environmental or chemical engineering from a recognized university/college and approved program.
- A master or advanced degree and/or EPI/QEP certified professional is preferred.
- You must have a minimum of 12 years’ experience in Oil and Gas sector especially in Refining, Chemical and/or NGL Fractionation Process with at least 7 years-experience in direct environmental management role for refinery or gas plants.
Preferred competencies include:
- Strong management and coordination skills.
- Robust analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.