Our Client operates in the Oil and Energy industry, with its headquarters rooted strongly in Saudi Arabia. It has its branches spread to more than 50 countries, providing employment to more than 68,500 people all over the world. They fall under the Fortune 500 Companies. They are one of the world’s largest oil producers. They are constantly growing by creating new technologies through its Research and Development efforts and branch into new business lines through Investments and Acquisitions.
- Our client energizes the world economy.
- Our client occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
- With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Our clients value to society.
- Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources.
- This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
- We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
- We are seeking an experienced Field Safety Advisor to join our Project Management team (PMT). Our clients Project Management Teams are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best-in-class capital projects assigned to department.
- PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion-dollar mega size projects.
- Some of these mega projects include the Marjan Increment Program, the Crude Oil to Chemicals program, the Gas Compression Program, the Berri & Zuluf Increment and AMIRAL Program.
- Project Management Departments manage and execute projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Assess and report contractor compliance with contract Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Conduct preconstruction job explanation and kick-off meetings to explain construction execution safety requirements per contract scope.
- Track and analyze Key Performance Indicators for performance improvement opportunities.
- Develop and conduct safety training.
- Provide advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertake surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures.
- Perform construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections, including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepare written reports and recommendations.
- Develop controls for identified hazards.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate workplace incidents and injuries.
- Prepare safety orientations, safety training and job site inspection procedures. Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Assist local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Participate in Safe Operations Committee meetings.
- Review and analyze injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and work with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Incorporate essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions.
- Recommend the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements.
- Maintain awareness of corporate safety and environmental requirements and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Assist management with monitoring adherence to department safety and environmental programs by employees and contractors.
- As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor’s degree in BS degree in engineering, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, or environmental science, or in a related field from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You will have twelve (12) years’ experience related to heavy construction safety, preferably in on/offshore oil/gas construction industry, petrochemical construction industry, or in construction project management.
- You must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety, and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
- You will have good communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing). Participate in teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety, and environmental fields.
- Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group is necessary.
- Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical, and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
- Our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical, and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
- We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.