- Conducts analyses for designs, programs, debugs and modified software
- Handles the troubleshooting of codes for firmware applications
- Handles analog and digital hardware and software operating systems
- Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design
- Conducts the programming of machine language, assembly language and high level languages
- Design, Develop and test product software requiring Embedded C skills.
- Modify existing software for compatibility, to reduce complexity, improve performance and enhance features.
- Contribute to all stages of the product lifecycle, which includes developing requirements, design system architecture, execute concept selection, system integration support, testing and validation of embedded real-time control systems, prototype development and production support.
- Lead and communicate effectively to make recommendations and drive alignment and execution amongst all stakeholders
- Collaborate broadly and cross-functionally with the wider engineering, product, and operations teams to deliver end-to-end system level solutions based on the architectures you define
- Ensure software source code, specifications, and release documentation are properly archived
- Technical project planning and management from concept phase through production release
- Provide engineering expertise to solve technical problems at all levels and support by participation in variety of customer facing technical meetings including design reviews, test readiness reviews, change boards etc.
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) with at least 5 or more years of experience, or equivalent relevant work experience of at least 9 or more years.
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- BS in Software or Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or proof of exceptional skills in related fields.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience preferably in Embedded C, microcontrollers and/or electronics controller development and/or architecting complex systems in industrial systems specifically mobile applications.
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical systems
- Working knowledge of micro-controller hardware architecture, 32 bit embedded microprocessor control units
- Deeply understand the underlying technology solutions and challenges in the electric vehicle auxiliary system space to recommend the architectural directions
- Experience in the design, integration, and testing of embedded real-time systems
- Understanding of hardware and software development processes, knowledge of compilers/assemblers and linkers (8/16 or 32 bit) and embedded C programming,
- Working knowledge of CAN communication analyzer tools and/or other serial protocols.
- Windows development with MS Visual Studio, .NET, and C#
- Familiarity with safety-critical software design techniques and methodologies
- A solid background in software programming languages and prior hands-on experience with software development and programming languages for embedded or non-embedded systems including ability to read and comprehend code (embedded C, C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Technical knowledge on power electronic converter design and control.
- Familiarity of control algorithm development in Matlab/Simulink/RTW
- Broad knowledge of engineering fundamentals, electrical schematics and component datasheets and lab equipment: oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.