About our client
Our client is a world-class integrated petrochemical plant producing high-density and medium-density polyethylene, 1-hexene and other products, using state-of-the-art technology. They have a production designed capacity of 453,000 tonnes/year of PE and a 1-hexene unit with a designed capacity of 47,000 tonnes/year. The site also has a Sulphur recovery and solidification plant, a water treatment plant, seawater cooling system, dock facilities and administrative buildings. Their vision is to grow sustainably, in alignment with Qatar National Vision and became the leader of world class operators in the petrochemical industry by 2027.
- Oversee the design, engineering and execution of CAPEX projects to enhance the capability
- production along with all construction activities and delivery of special projects as defined by Projects
- Department in compliance of Company’s policies and standards.
- These include projects of mechanical,
- Instrumentation, electrical and/or civil nature, and which cover new and/or upgrading of existing production facilities and systems.
- Supervise the activities and work performed by direct reports to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in line with the annual business plans, and departmental policies and procedures
- Provide guidance/coaching to all direct reports throughout each stage of project development and execution to ensure the knowledge and growth of the project engineering, construction and special projects management improves continuously within the organization
- Identify and groom the high potential direct reports for increased responsibility and experience to prepare them for major capital project management and/or eventual promotion.
- Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build their capabilities and competencies
- Manage team and contractors’ performance, and interface with other departments in order to safely and timely meeting projects execution objectives
- Manage and lead engineering and projects work of CAPEX nature in support of the ongoing of existing production facilities and equipment and any associated projects designed to upgrade or extend such facilities and equipment
- Provide direction into each stage of project approval which includes presentations to the guidance review teams as well as presentations to the tender committee
- Manage the use of external design and engineering consultants and project contractors involved in project design and execution work for all projects.
- Provide recommendations in the selection and technical qualification of such consultants/contractors, reviewing requirements for variation orders and endorsing and/or approval within limits
- Manage the initial stages of engineering projects aimed at expanding or enhancing the capability of all equipment, associated systems and facilities.
- Direct engineering feasibility studies, manage the project planning and controlling the tender process for design consultants from pre-qualification, through addressing bidder enquiries, ensure that the preparation of the technical aspects of tender packages is carried out with technical correctness, reviewing bids and recommending short lists
- Oversee overall project execution activities from leading initial project meetings to the inspection and testing process
- Review the technical evaluation of new technologies for approval by management and implementation within facilities in order to ensure application of industry leading practices.
- Required (Qualification1 / Discipline): Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Preferred (Qualification1 / Discipline): Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Required - Total of 10+ years of project experience in O&G Industry, out of which 4+ years at Supervisor / Mid-Management level
- Preferred - Total of 10+ years of project experience in Petrochemical Industry, out of which 5+ years at Supervisor / Mid-Management level