Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Experience level: 7+ years of relevant
AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
Does development pipeline automation and a fast-paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems? Do you have a passion for uptime?
Our Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer, DevOps to build out our Digital Assist and Learn cloud platform in a team whose efforts are part of the digital transformation of the company. You will be part of the team that builds, designs and deploys infrastructure services and tools needed to provide a secure, scalable, reliable and fast platform for both our infrastructure and application services.
The successful candidate has a strong sense of ownership and is able to drive projects through completion.
· Work with cross-functional teams in Agile development model across a large portfolio of applications
· Develop automation tooling for public cloud (AWS) infrastructure deployments
· Define infrastructure and application monitoring to detect or prevent incidents
· Propose cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability, performance and cost
· Manage, review and strengthen the physical and logical security of the platforms, systems, data and access points
· Create tools to automate repetitive tasks
· Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
· Share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
· Configuration management experience: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
· 7+ years experience in DevOps, Build release engineer roles
· 5+ years of experience in AWS, other large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure
· Working knowledge of build automation (Jenkins desired) and CI/CD pipelines, Pipeline-as-code, Declarative and Scripted Pipelines
· Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code – Cloud formation, AWS CDK or Serverless
· Cloud Computing: Good understanding on AWS DevOps toolset like EC2, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, VPC, Code build, Code pipeline, etc.
· Well versed in DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security
· Proficient in monitoring and logging tools - ELK, Splunk, Grafana
· Skilled in one or more scripting languages - Python, Bash, Groovy
· Hands-on experience with modern container orchestration systems like Docker, Kubernetes
· Clear communicator with a positive attitude
· Ability to manage long term, project/milestone-based work with multiple teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related degree, or equivalent work experience